Artist and Teacher
• Born in Hamburg, Germany 1962
• Lessons in drawing and painting with Günther Lierschof
(Free Art School, Hamburg/Germany)
• Studies of Illustration and Communication Design at
the University of Hamburg.
• Many trips and extended stays in Europe and Asia.
• Exhibitions of her own works since 2006, in Germany and Greece.
• 2007-2010 Lecturer and Head of the School of Painting
"Atelier Lebenskunst " in Dannenberg (Germany).
The artist, illustrator and graphic designer Susanne Kontopides lives and works as an occupational therapist, freelance artist and teacher of painting classes since 2010 on the island of Crete (Greece).
For the first time in this exhibition, I show works made with liquid acrylic paint on canvas. For this I experiment with the
technique of “acrylic pouring”. I especially like that the results are only
partially controllable and always have a surprise factor. This challenges me, as an artist, to trust more and more the flow of creative laws of nature.
finding nemo | 30 x 30 cm
gaia 2 | 40 x 40 cm
under the surface | 20 x 20 cm
the source | 30 x 30 cm
easy going | 30 x 50cm
hidden treasure | 30 x 50 cm
gaia 1 | 20 x 40 cm
the flow | 20 x 40 cm
lapislazuli 1 | 20 x 40 cm
summerday | 20 x 40 cm
the wave | 24 x 30 cm
lapislazuli 2 | 20 x 20 cm